Section I - Quoting
- All quotations are quoted in US Dollars.
- Sales taxes are not included on quotations.
- Any applicable Shipping & Handling fees are not included on quotations.
- All quotations are valid 30 days.
- Prices for service are based on accurate description of instrument; subject to change only when the product arrives at CPI and differs from the original description.
- CPI reserves the right to modify pricing quoted in error due to limited information, custom gage design, additional calibration requirements outside of our standard calibration procedure, quantity difference, or accurate information based on size, range, accuracy, etc.
- All CPI quotations are suggested to be included with shipment of gages, along with a purchase order for the quoted service.
Section II - Receiving Goods
- All standard shipments to CPI for repair and/or calibration service should be marked to "Attention: Receiving Clerk."
- All power cords, adaptors, connectors, accessories, chart paper and software must be included with all instruments submitted for service. Failure to do so will delay service turnaround and could result in additional charges if expedited service is then requested.
- CPI advises customers to use our Receiving Form located at bottom of our home page at www.cpi1stop.com before sending in instruments for service. All service orders must have paperwork submitted with the order. Failure could cause delay in processing your order. Additional charges may apply if customer then requests items to be expedited.
- All instruments must be packaged securely as to keep items from becoming damaged. Claims for loss or damage must be filed with the carrier by the customer as it is not the responsibility of CPI. We can only report on damaged items back to the customer.
- CPI will strive to return any reusable packaging that you have identified on your order.
- For larger instruments, or instruments with a high dollar value, that comes to CPI without appropriate packaging (dropped off, picked up, etc.), CPI will contact the customer directly to obtain the proper box / container or a new custom one can be quoted. This generally is applicable when instruments need to be shipped to a 3rd party for service.
Section III - Advises / Estimates for Received Goods
- Services are quoted after items are received for instances where no quote was previously supplied, and no blanket PO is on file for your account.
- Quotations will be made to contact listed on paperwork that was received with the equipment. A secondary contact is strongly suggested to facilitate approvals.
- Expected turn-around time for services do not begin until a PO is received.
- If a PO is not provided for that advise within a week, CPI's system will automatically resend an estimate as a 2nd attempt after 1 week.
- After that automated reminder, CPI will attempt to contact directly via phone or email for approval.
- CPI reserves the right to return equipment without service if no approval is provided within 30 days.
- PO's should be sent directly to our receiving department for services at email@example.com.
- A new estimate will be sent if CPI's calibration department determines an instrument is out of tolerance or needs repair. This may not be applicable for all instruments.
- If request is made for calibration service only, and the initial calibration of the gage is out of tolerance, CPI's policy is to charge for this initial calibration service as the failure is of no fault of CPI. If the tool is adjusted or repaired to put gage back in tolerance, then additional service fees will apply.
- All advises will be with standard turnaround time. Any needs for faster turnaround can only be approved by CPI management to ensure there is a qualified tech and standards available to fulfill the request. The cost will be at premium rates.
- Premium rates for 3 day turn around is 1.5x the standard rate.
- Premium rates for 1 days turn around is 2x the standard rate.
Section IV - Calibration (General)
- CPI's policy is to calibrate according to our standard procedures. If a request is for anything different from our standard procedure, additional charges could apply (based on evaluation by management).
- CPI's policy is to use tolerances / specs that are provided by the customer, if given in advance. If not provided, we will default to manufacturer specs, federal specs, or any other approved industry standard specs. After a calibration service is complete, and there is a request to change the tolerances, additional changes could apply.
- When applicable (i.e.,
Custom gage designs), CPI’s technicians or management will attempt to contact
the customer for further information on what to check before the service
begins. For these examples, and when no information is provided, CPI reserves
the right to provide measured results with no limits. CPI can revisit this
calibration event and add in specific tolerances once information has been
received. This can incur additional fees based on the circumstances, but
generally waived during the first encounter.
hardware or equipment may be required to proceed with service (generally found
out by technicians after receiving). Our technicians or management will attempt
to contact customer to provide additional items needed to proceed. If items are
not provided, CPI reserves the right to return instrument with no work performed.
No evaluation fee will be charged for this situation.
Cleaning service is a part of our standard process (and cost for calibration
service). Should any excessive cleaning outside of our normal process be
required, CPI will attempt to contact customer directly for an approval on additional
service fees. The fees are applied regardless of if the gage passes
will honor a request for a review of calibrated readings up to 30 days from
original calibration date. However, CPI does not warranty a calibration once
it leaves our facility or an onsite calibration is complete and is not
responsible for any subsequent claims made by a customer of damaged product due
to a gage becoming out of calibration.
standard cycle for calibration will default to 12 months unless the customer
advises a specific request of the due date / cycle in advance.
- Changes to this after the service is already complete could result to additional fees of $5 per tool with new certificate and label.
all calibrations are accredited at CPI. Please refer to our scope of
accreditation on our website (bottom of our home page, click on the A2LA logo).
- Should you need accredited calibration for a specific gage type, it is advised to mark that on your paperwork in advance.
- Should you need accredited calibration for all gage types, please refer to our scope prior to sending in gages to CPI.
accredited calibrations, CPI uses the “simple acceptance method” for its
acceptance decision rule. In-tolerance conditions are on test results falling
within specified tolerance limits with no reduction by the uncertainty of the
Section V - Repair
- Repairs are not limited to to
just one issue of the tool; they are based on full repair service to the tool. Service
includes a complete breakdown of the tool and replacing or repairing any worn
parts to the tool.
a tool is deemed beyond economical repair (repair cost is greater than 50% of
the standard list price of replacement) CPI will not proceed with the repair
and will advise replacement. Replacements may be quoted by our sales department
at the customer’s request.
will warranty any repair service in question up to 30 days from original repair
- Evaluation fees are free for most precision instruments. Certain exceptions can apply to instruments that require a large amount of time to evaluate such as hardness testers or 2D height gages.
the instrument is deemed not repairable, CPI will provide a summary report as
to why we made the decision (i.e., Beyond economical repair, or Parts no longer
sold by manufacturer).
Section VI - Outsourcing
- CPI has the right to send gages out to another vendor under the following conditions:
- Our master is out to be calibrated and
cannot be returned in a timely manner to meet the turnaround requirements.
are not ISO 17025 accredited for that specific gage.
cannot repair a gage that failed calibration.
believe better turnaround can be met by a 3rd party partner.
will notify the customer via email when an outsource is recommended. We reserve
the right to return the gage not serviced if we do not receive approval within
2 weeks of notification.
can be sent to one of our approved vendors to accommodate the service needs.
the customer requests a specific vendor, and they are already on our approved
vendors list, we will source to that vendor.
there is no specific vendor request, CPI will attempt to use the best qualified,
most cost-effective vendor that can meet a specific requirement(s) the customer
has on the service.
will ship the instrument(s) to the vendor after receipt of the tool and PO.
on the vendor, the service that is needed, quantity, time of shipment, etc.,
the turn-around time can be different from each inquiry.
vendors charge an evaluation fee for their services – this will be included in
the estimate for approval.
Section VII - Onsite
- All travel fees are based on estimated manpower and days required in parallel to the list of tools that is provided on original request.
- The price
shall include an amount that is calculated upon roundtrip distance (from CPI’s
facility to the site and back), based on Google Maps, and the number of days
and number of technicians required to complete the work.
Set-Up fees are $125 per tech per onsite schedule for reoccurring services, and
$250 per tech for new onsite services (this first-time rate will reduce to $125
next scheduled visit).
include loading equipment into van, unloading to your facility, creating cert
templates in our software, security / safety training at site, etc.
must be provided 2 weeks before a scheduled date of service. CPI has the right
to cancel or change the schedule onsite if a PO or a list is not provided
before 2 weeks of the date of service.
cancellations made by the customer 1 week before the scheduled date, CPI has
the right to invoice a cancellation fee of up to 50% of the total job.
the job has been negotiated with CPI management for a fixed rate per day, any
lost time at the job due to equipment not being available for calibration or a
delay of any sort due to no fault of CPI will result in a $100/hr. fee.
will schedule adequate time, qualified technician(s), and qualified standards
based on the defined list that is provided in advance.
changes to this request at the time of the onsite, may conflict with our
ability to perform the requested service.
will reflect actual services rendered. Often there are items removed or added
at the time of the onsite that differ from the original list due to customer
can refuse a heavy addition of tools outside of the original tool list. Upon
CPI management approval, we will attempt to accommodate the additional tools
and time required during that same onsite event; however, CPI will charge a PREMIUM
calibration service rate for those specific tools (and invoice those accordingly).
If additional days are needed, then additional travel fees will be added – that
will also be added on to the total invoice.
requires the facility to provide Wi-Fi access for the technician(s) to remote
into our Calibration Software to perform calibration service.
shall provide CPI a workspace with a consistent temperature between 62 – 82
degrees Fahrenheit; with humidity maintained at less than 80% (non-condensing).
technician(s) is instructed to not perform calibration onsite when he / she
obtains temperature readings outside of these thresholds.
the customer be unable to provide this specific environment, CPI has the right
to cancel the onsite. Applicable travel and set up fees still apply if customer
fails to provide proper environmental conditions.
shall provide a work surface that is suitable to support equipment and laptop
shall provide a grounded 110V electrical power supply.
shall provide CPI access to facility suitable with an entrance large enough to
accommodate a standard industrial cart, and that is protected from inclement
weather, such as a loading dock or covered entrance. Entrance needs to be free
of stairs which would be unsafe to carry heavy equipment.
onsite services must meet a $1000 minimum of calibration labor (fees not
included) unless CPI management work some other arrangements out in advance.
completion of the Onsite Service, CPI will upload the certificates onto a flash
drive, and provide this to the customer. This protocol is subject to change at
the discretion of CPI.
certificates will also be uploaded onto CPI’s online database where they can be
viewed and printed (tentative to be “real time” access for all customers in
Section VIII - New Tool Sales
can provide a replacement quote when a tool fails calibration due to being out
of tolerance or not functioning.
generally includes separate line item for calibration service.
requested to scrap out the tool at CPI, we will attempt to return the tool back
to the customer after the replacement quote has been provided.
obsolete models or brands that we do not rep, CPI will attempt to quote a
replacement that matches the original tool as best as possible.
pin gage sets, thread wire sets, and gage block sets, CPI offers a reinsertion
service. This includes the price to calibrate the new replacement(s) and to
obtain a new certificate of calibration for the original set. These orders will
be processed as a complete order.
can provide a new tool quotes from our inside sales team from product lines we
distribute (please see a complete list of these lines through our website at www.cpi1stop.com).
is advised to request a certificate of calibration on all new tool quotations
as not all new tools have a certificate of calibration supplied with them. It
is also advised to specify if this cert needs to be accredited to ISO 17025 or
unique applications or suggestions on measurement devices, it is advised to
consult directly with a CPI Sales Representative to observe the application in
person, review a print, etc.
on the specific product line, returns can be warranted.
packaging must be included.
original packing slip that came with the tool(s) must be included.
applicable, instruction manual, accessories, battery, etc. (anything originally
supplied) must be included.
gage types will not be valid for return if there is evidence of damage or
on the reason for return, some vendors may have a restocking fee and / or not
authorize the actual return (each inquiry is evaluated case by case).
CPI calibrates any new tool, and there is a need for a return on this tool, CPI
will not credit the calibration service as that was a service rendered.
new customers, CPI requires the initial purchase to be transacted via Credit Card
or advance payment may be required.
new tool orders have a $100 minimum unless there is a replacement service quoted.
product lines require specific minimums that need met before an order can be
sales will attempt to advise on this, when applicable.
all CPI quotes are firmly valid for 30 days, there are some promos periodically
available at certain times based on the product line.
will attempt to honor the original price quoted unless the promo has ended. We
will attempt to contact the customer directly to revise the PO and / or quote
(when appliable) before the order proceeds.
cannot be held accountable for any warranty claims or requests on new products.
We will attempt to work with the vendor directly to facilitate the warranty
warranties are 1 year, ARO.
direct shipments, CPI cannot be liable for as found conditions of the product
if damaged or another product was accidently shipped in error by the
advises to inspect the product before use to prevent any issues with the
time is quoted in business days (weekends not included).
time on quote is based on exactly what the vendor advises to CPI. Calibration adds
additional time to vendor delivery estimates.
unexpected delays, CPI will attempt to communicate directly with the vendor. In
turn, CPI will also attempt to communicate directly with the customer with
these new updates.
quoted are based on quantity requested.
vendors may offer a quantity discount based on volume.
in stock items, CPI can work with the customer to provide Next Day Air
shipments upon request.
is advised to first call directly to our inside sales department to discuss
availability and required steps for this type of request.
cannot proceed with the order without a written purchase order.
is advised to put in this request directly with our sales staff no later than
12:00pm EST. Anything after that, does not give CPI enough time to fulfill the
all orders directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
will be an automated confirmation provided if the order goes through to this
email address. No further action required. Should you need an official
confirmation directly from CPI sales, we would advise calling us directly at
our main line 513-874-2122.
Section IX - Shipping
packages will be properly packaged and shipped according to customer’s purchase
is not responsible for any damaged goods unless it is determined as not
packaged properly (pictures of as found condition is required).
a package was damaged during transit; the buyer is to notify the shipping
company to file a claim.
packing slip will be provided with each shipment and will have the customer’s
purchase order number stated for reference.
reserves the right to ship items as they are complete, unless specified prior
to services being rendered.
charges apply to individual invoices; unless specified prior that all orders
must be shipped complete.
Section X - Invoicing / Billing
currency for all invoices will be issued in U.S. dollars.
invoices will be issued at the quoted price unless CPI was given incorrect
information. Please refer to Section I
for more information.
an invoice is different from a quote, the customer has the right to request the
difference of the overcharge. CPI will provide a credit for those instances
barring there was enough clarity on original request for service.
invoice can be voided in this circumstance, and a revised invoice will be
terms are 30 days, unless determined otherwise by CPI in writing.
invoices are considered delinquent on the 31st day after the date of
the invoice. Finance charges are 1.5% per month.
will be an upcharge on all orders that do not meet CPI’s minimum order
requirements even if the customer’s purchase order does not notate this
upcharge. If valid credit card
information is given to CPI prior to services being rendered, the minimum order
requirements do not apply.